For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Phineas Group (UK) Ltd of 3 Kings Court, Little Kings Street, Bristol, BS1 4HW.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.phineasgroup.com (our site). This includes subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further information or services
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
What we do with the information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Internal record keeping
- Improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about our products and services which we think you may find interesting, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- Improve or customise the website according to your interests.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, we will only contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (eg the order form/registration form).
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell your personal information to any unrelated third party.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group as defined in the Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Phineas Group (UK) Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Phineas Group (UK) Ltd, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access and disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may however prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over those websites. Therefore, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statements and privacy policies applicable to the website in question.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise you right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.